1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
optional: walnut pieces, chocolate/peanut butter chips, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, mix together wet ingredients on low speed until just mixed.
4. To avoid clumping, gradually pour in dry ingredients. Do not overmix. (Over-mixing may cause baking powder to react, resulting in a more cakey-like consistency.)
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
6. (optional) With a rubber spatula, fold in walnuts or flavored moresels, remembering not to overmix.
7.With a teaspoon, scoop batter into a greased mini muffin pan.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when you poke it in the center.
9. Cool for 2 minutes. To remove from pan, insert clean teaspoon and carefully work your way around the brownie until it pops out. Transfer to a cooling rack for 1 minute, then store in an airtight container.
– Exposure to air is what causes brownies to harden. Don’t wait longer than 2 minute to remove brownies from baking sheets. To avoid hardening in the storage container, place a slice of bread in the container. It will suck up all of the air that causes the brownies to harden!
– You can also make this recipe in regular 13″ x 9″ or 9″ x 9″ baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees instead.
Recipe adapted from: allrecipes.com/recipe/mmm-mmm-better-brownies/